Friday, May 30, 2008

A Love Like This?

My darling.

When I think back to how we began or friendship it is simply impossible for me to think that it could be all over, that within moments I could possible lose the love of my life and the best thing to have ever happened to me. And I know that I cannot compare to New York, or how it makes you feel safe, wanted and at home there. But after all we have been through and after all we have shared I feel that I need to say these things to you, I meant everything I said to you that night; when I told you how I felt about you.

I have been in love with you for over ten years, I knew I wanted to be with you the first moment I met you and when we became friends I knew I would never stop loving you or forget you. You are my friend, my companion and my life; and you always will be. When I lost my wife and family; you were there for me, giving me the support and friendship I needed so badly. When you were caught in that conflict out in the Sudan I was totally lost; watching the TV every day for some, any news that you were ok. When your heart broke so did mine and I know the feeling was mutual.

So this is my promise to you;

When you are sad, I will do my best to cheer you up.

When you are mad, I will help you calm down.

When you are lonely, I will stop you being alone.

When you cry, I will lend you my shoulder, chest and arms... I will dry your tears and sooth your fears.

When you are happy, I will be there to share you joy.

When you are relaxed, I will be there to “do nothing with you.”

When you laugh, I will be there to laugh with you; to watch your eyes dance and the sparkle in your eye twinkle. You eyes would always captivate me, they say so much.

When you are broken and cannot stand, I will be with you; holding you up.

When you have success, I will be there to share in it.

When you are strong, I will be strong with you.

When you are weak, I will be you support and your strength.

When you need me there, I will be there; always.

I will never hurt you, I will never make you sad, and I will never make you cry or feel bad.

This my beautiful friend, is my whole hearted promise to you; the love of my life. Thank you for all that you are and all that you have been and will always be to me. I wish I could hold you forever and that life would just end up right, but I know you need to find you. Remember this; my heart, my love and my soul are always and have always been yours.

I love you, forever.

No comments: