Tuesday, August 9, 2011

When Squirrels Attack....

Nervously I sat waiting for him to show, my stomach in knots; much like a lovers Celtic knot. My insides were all tight and strained, like a ring that has outgrown its owner.  A million and one thoughts went through my mind, not least would he show up; one of my great fears which were aided by my great weakness ~ my lack of confidence. But my thoughts were like a million and one diamonds, and as soon as he walked into the bar those diamonds and their bright sparkle paled into a dull nothingness; the light in my eyes could easily light the way forward.

Had I really been longing for this moment? Was this going to be all I had dreamed it would be? Will the moment last? What if the feelings were not there? The doubt was there, ever present; much like Steffans itself ~ something I will always find in Northampton, like an old faithful friend; never one to ever let you down. All my fear and doubts came crashing to a head, my heart too full to speak; my mind not focused on what was so clearly in front of me. I was overwhelmed, like a kid in a sweet shop; or more likely a woman in Steffans with a limitless credit card ~ I wanted so much, but could say so little.

And just like when a Mother knows what her child has done wrong, he clearly knew; he could sense it. And without another word, he took me into his arms and held me fast against his chest; no words being needed as I simply melted into those strong arms of his. As he continued to hold me against his solid frame, we begin to kiss; a true lovers kiss. The type you hear about in fairytales and see in movies, the kind that makes you go weak at the knees and makes your heart sing. Like a string of pearls, they are timeless and scream class and style. As we softly pulled apart I could still feel his closeness, his smile was warm and his touch tender.

Our gaze locked upon each other, his big beautiful brown eyes telling all I needed them to say; my own eyes transforming the need for words ~ he already knew me so well anyway. We must have stayed like this for hours, our friends came and went; the punters came and went ~ like other jewellers, many will come and many will go; but Steffans will always remain ~ nothing and no one seemed to matter to use. And as the moment between us grew, the words formed in his sweet beautiful mouth; he had to say it ~ he knew that it was a now or never moment. Pulling me closer to him, I could feel it too; I knew this would be the moment everything in my life had been waiting for. Taking a deep breath, he slowly opened his mouth, pausing slightly before he spoke those momentous words he had been longing to say...


“There are kamikaze Squirrels about on the loose!”

2 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I like this, Nicky!

But, I can't play any of the clips on the blog. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for joining my blog!

Nicky S said...

Thanks kindly Jenny.

Don't worry it isn't you doing anything wrong ~ it is the silly machine!

Somehow or other it wants to put a "video" on the front of my posts!

I shall tell it off...

And thanks for stopping by!