Monday, December 14, 2009

Well I Never....

While sorting out a load of stuff in my quest to find my Christmas card list, which as most my friends will know is not something I enjoy doing; I came across a card from an old friend.

He was a lovely chap and was really into Riki (or however the hell you spell it) and poetry; in particular works by Rumi... (For more info, check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumi) His works appeal to the romantic side of me; and could easily be mistaken for something one lover writes to another, strange then that they are actually written to God... but then I guess for some, this is a loving relationship.

Anyways; I would like to share some of them with you, hopefully to either inspire you or just make you feel all warm and gooey inside! Hope you enjoy and feel free to explore more of his works!

"We know separation so well because we've tasted the union.
The reed flute makes music because it has already experiences changing mud and rain and light into sugarcane.
Longing becomes more poignant if in the distance you can't tell whether your friend is going away or coming back.
The pushing away pulls you in."

No comments: